Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Triumph Street Triple OEM hoops

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Fitty, Jul 14, 2010.

1. What are the OEM tyres like on a Street Triple? If I was to upgrade, any recommendations?

2. I think they are still running the Dunlop Qualifiers - though they might have moved to the Q2 on the newer models. There are some people here who have had bad experience with Dunlop tyres and will tell you to stay away from them, but I haven't had any problems at all. I rode in that outrageous rain storm we had last summer and didn't feel at all twitchy. They hung on well around Broadford too. If you ride really hard then maybe you'd prefer something else, but in that case you'd be replacing them pretty soon anyway. :)
  3. Yeah, I mainly commute and go for a burst 'round the twisties every month or so. If the tyres are good enough to hold up reasonably well in torrential rain and they pass muster at Broadford, they should do.
  4. Only problem I had with the Qualifiers was the lack of mileage.