Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Triumph Speed Triple remapping?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by CrazyCam, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Hi folks.

One of the boys up at Pie in the Sky, has a 2012 or possibly 2013, Triumph Speed Triple, fitted with the Arrows full system.

He was muttering about taking it to a dyno shop as he thinks it hasn't been remapped for the exhaust.

Since I have a laptop, cable, and TuneECU software, I was wondering if any of you folks knew where to find a decent map for the Speed Triple.
  2. The tuneecu website should have a lot of the maps up there
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. There are factory tunes available via the Triumph scan tool to suit replacement exhausts. Any dealer can upload the new tune in about 3 minutes.
  4. Between "any" and "dealer" should be "helpful".

Unfortunately, on the North Western bit of Sydney, there aren't many of them about. :(

I was kinda hoping that someone with a similar bike might chime in with....yeah, this (URL) worked really good for my bike.
  5. Do not plug tuneecu into a 12/13 model!!!!

It now locks the ecu which is a very expensive repair job...
  6. Rats!

Thanks for reminding me fennell.

I had forgotten about the increased security on the ECU.
  7. NP, would hate to see him without a ride for a while!

A Trumpy dealer should be able to load on the specific map for that Arrow system for nothing and they're pretty good really

8. Whats your source for this? I know the new street triples are locked, but didn't think the speeds were.
  9. From http://www.tuneecu.com/news.html

• Triumph Tiger Explorer, all models
    • new Triumph Trophy, all models
    • new Triumph Street Triple from model 2013 and upwards (from VIN# 560477 and upwards)

addendum dec.25.2012
    • new Triumph Daytona675 from model 2013 and upwards (VIN# 564948 and upwards)
    These models are not supported by TuneECU.
  10. I think this whole security business on the ECU is a Euro reg.

By strange coincidence, my wife bought a Skoda car, just on a year ago, and I had been haunting a Pommie Skoda forum.

At time of purchase, there was a thriving industry in the UK, reprogramming the ECUs in VWs, Skodas and Audis, but, at about the same time as Triumph "locked down" their ECUs, so did the VW family. :(

Much angst resulted.

I dunno if the newer security business has been cracked yet, although I suppose it is just a matter of time.