Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

triumph recall

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by tiprat, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Question on these recalls.

My STR VIN is named for needing a new regulator/ rectifier in Sep 2012 recall. However my R/R was replaced in 2010 when it faulted. Would the dealer not notify Triumph that the R/R was replaced and therefore my VIN should not have been listed? Or does this communication between dealer and manufacturer not take place. I'm thinking this is a lot to ask.

Or is my new R/R still need to be replaced?
  2. "Or is my new R/R still need to be replaced?"

I dunno, but if you search on Street Triple Reg/Rec or some such you should find a recent thread where someone posted up a piccie of the correct "new" r/r.

In 2010, they may have just fitted a new old one..... if you follow the convoluted logic or that statement.
  3. I think we should be issued with a spare R/R when we buy the bikes as standard.
  4. Na the R/R issue was on everyone's radar at the time and I was all over it and the dealer.....it was my maiden voyage from the dealership to home when it died! Couldn't believe it. I'm told I got the new new one at the time. I'll check the pictures though cheers.