Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Triumph mechanics / repairers Sydney city - urgent please

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by rb_2, May 24, 2007.

1. Hi, I'm not quite new here but somehow or other my login wasn't working... :?

I'm after a recommendation for a Triumph dealer/mechanic/workshop somewhere in the Sydney city area. I've got an option on a cheap Sprint RS, only problem is the owner layed it over a few days ago. :(

Damage as far as I know is:
    -left fairing broken, chipped and scratched
    -gear shift lever broken
    -and some seeping from left engine cover

Apparently the owner has got a rough quote of about $1000 to fix it up, but I'd like to check it out myself. How does that sound pricewise? Unfortunately this has to be sorted by tomorrow or the bike gets traded in at the dealers, which doesn't leave me much time.

So if anyone can point me in the direction of somewhere that can fix this in the central Sydney area, that would be great!
  2. Can't help you with the Sydney recommendation, but $1K sounds about right for what you have described. You'll be doing well if you can get a better price. Plastic bits on Trumpys are overpriced, even for the RS.