Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Triumph Daytona 675 Fender Eliminator

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by burke_88, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Firstly, apologies if this has already been raised - I did do a search but was unable to find anything.

I've had a look around and on eBay and there seem to be a few options available that perked my interest.

The two I noticed were:

Comp Werkes Fender Eliminator (although not sure about lil sticky indicators on this one - legal here in Oz?)

Fender Eliminator Melotti S.P.

I am just wondering if anyone had experience with fitting a fender eliminator to a Daytona 675 and could recommend a good model to use (hopefully one that is easy enough to fit without significant modifications)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. I would say a definite no on the first one...you'll get picked up daily with that I reckon.

The second one is much more reasonable. (Edit: though I can't see mount points for the indicators)

In my experience, as long as you don't go to extremes and are reasonable about it, the police aren't too unreasonable either. If you use some clearly illegal kit, they'll pick you up in a heartbeat.

FYI the one on mine is a really basic strip of metal that runs under the exhaust with a coupla mount holes for the plate and indicators.
  3. I just fitted an R&G Tail Tidy to my bike. You re-use the stock number plate light and indicators (obviously), and took no time at all.

Also has a covered compartment underneath which neatly hides all the wires - which the Melotti doesn't seem to have.
  4. Don't go near the first one. Nowhere near legal on a few points.

Second one looks OK... don't know that I'd spend $125 on it though. Maybe wander down to MCAS or BikeBiz etc and see what they can show you.
  5. Thanks folks.

Actually had another look at the one that came with the bike and realised I could pull some of the backing off to make it neater. So it will do for the moment... :)