Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Triumph Bonneville (American) tests or experience...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Rogues, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Any owners of this classic style of Triumph on site to express an educated opinion.??
    Any links to quality roadtests available or known..??

2. PM helina_handbasket or massageguy (no responsibility for spelling of these uernames, or even if they are here still and active, especially the second one). They both own these.

My uneducated opinion after riding one was that it does everything a bike of that type and style does - I wouldn't mind one in the shed one day. To be honest though, I found my old Bonnie had more go and handled far better. Here is a test from a coupla years back.
  3. I've had a few of the new triumphs come through my place of business, and all i can say for them is that theyre not classic and the 'america' handles like a wardrobe because of the poor seating position.
    The T100 is better, the thruxton better still - although the thruxton needs either slightly higher handlebars or the footrests placed further back

If i were going to pay $15,000 for a triumph I'd go for a '61 bonneville or a '75 T160 Trident

but then that's just one man's opinion...