Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tripping the Hornet fantastic

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by hornet, Apr 17, 2007.

1. OK, second week of the school holidays and a good-ish weather forecast for Melbourne and environs towards the weekend, so it must be time for a ride south!!!

Planning on leaving tomorrow Am around 3-ish and arriving God willing in the great southern Capital around 4-5 in the afternoon.

As usual I will be staying with Stookie and Lil (haven't told them yet, but it's my usual abode when down visiting (!)) and I'm looking forward to seeing as many Netriders as possible, especially the ones that are feeling crook!!
  2. Let me know if you're popping around to see Lenna, I haven't been around in aaaaaages. Actually I have no idea if she's even still at the Talbot.
  3. Safe travels Paul. Remember the Gvt is watching in this state!
  4. Thought you were never riding again.
    Safe trip down.
  5. yeah, well, what can I say, it's not as easy to give up as I thought.

coffee this time??
  6. Have a safe and enjoyable ride down Paul. :)
  7. Have a safe and enjoyable ride down Paul [​IMG]
  8. ^ Copycat!!! :p :wink: :LOL:

Hey Paul...Hope you read this before you leave. :) I'm going to be in Bairnsdale tomorrow at about 12/1pm. If you want someone to ride towards Melbourne with (I'll be turning off at Pakenham) then send me an sms.. will pm you it in case you don't have my no. anymore.

Gotta run the bike in - it's having its 1000km service on Thursday. :)

Rosie - p.s...what bike do you ride? ;) :LOL:

9. yes she is...... oh yeah and her room 15

Might just see you guys in there :p
  10. Rosie,
    Just a bit of advice about running in the bike, you are much better off taking it via twistie roads, that way the bike has more variable rpm on the trip.

Have a safe trip down the the garden state Paul, feel free to drop in for a coffee, I am sure you still have my address.
  11. Might see you around the traps Paul, shall be up around Marysville/Reefton areas. Won't be riding like a nanny along the Black Spur like you saw me last time. :grin:
  12. You are always welcome in Melbourne.

If you find yourself caught short for accom whilst you are here, I am in Ferntree Gully, gateway to the dandenongs, and a short hop to both spurs.

Returning the offers of Feb.

I will PM you my mobile and address.

No obligation to actually contact me, but the offer is to be made.
  13. Thanks doit...I've been enlightened - going to Benalla instead. :grin: :grin: :grin:
  14. Hope to see you at coffee on Friday Paul
    safe travels
  15. Pencil in a side trip to Kyneton if you can...I may get into coffee on Friday but no guarantees unfortunately

PM me if you think you can make it...... can whip a good mean for you too.
  16. I hope so!
    I have no netrider connection at work so pm me on the evening b4
  17. Hi folks!

A DRY and uneventful trip, now safely ensconced in at Stookie's place!!!

I'm planning on staying to around the middle of Saturday, so I hope to see as many people as possible

(0413) 055 088
  18. Hey Paul...great to read you had a good trip down. :) I'm heading off tomorrow for an overnight ride so wont get to catch up with you this trip.. Hope you have a lovely time whilst down here and here's hoping your return trip is just as dry and uneventful.
  19. haha, so I hear, camping in this weather, indeed. I shall phone for the nice young men in their clean white coats and notify them of your location :LOL:........
  20. Ah Paul - freezing your arse off is all part of the fun! ;) :LOL:

SEnd the nice young men. :cool: