Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

triple j's hottest 100

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pringa8, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Here triple j's top 10

1 Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
    2 Electric Feel - MGMT
    3 Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
    4 Walking On A Dream - Empire of the Sun
    5 Kids - MGMT
    6 Talk Like That - The Presets
    7 The Festival Song - Pez (feat. 360 and Hailey Cramer)
    8 This Boy's In Love - The Presets
    9 That's Not My Name - The Tings Tings
    10 Jimmy Recard - Drapht

Is it me or is this one of the sh!ttest top tens ever? Especially number 1 - sh!te. The song sh!ts me and is hardly the best song of 2008, as I noticed many people around the bbq agreed. Thoughts anyone?

Ha, ironically it just came on the radio on the most commercial station we have in Canberra. This only adds to it's sh!tness....
  2. Yeah, very lame indeed. Surely there are more than 3 bands doing good things these days? (Kings, MGMT, Presets) Too much trendybitchery, not enough rock 'n' roll.
  3. Must keel MGMT... everytime one of their songs gets airtime a heterosexual kitten gets killed.
  4. That's what you get for NOT listening to RRR or PBS. The only source of decent radio in Melbourne.
  5. Yeah, I was disappointed with the top 20-30 songs this year. Most of my favourites were down in the 70s-100s, with a few exceptions. Maybe I'm just out of touch. :p
  6. People LISTEN to JJJ????

Best description I heard of the station was 'aural sewerage'.
  7. I think JJJ lost its edge a number of years ago - you can get a feel for who is voting by the content of the top 10.
  8. Well, did anyone vote? If not, you can't really biatch about the songs that were chosen! :wink:

JJJ has been going down hill for a while, I still listen because the only thing worse than mediocre music is advertisements! Triple R & PBS I find very hit n miss.

These days we mainly listen to CD's or iPods in the workshop.
  9. Just read the list upside down....This make the Dukes of Windsor the winners :)
  10. I don't listen to the radio.

All the music I hear is excellent.
  11. Haven't been listening to radio much the last couple of years. Used to only listen to JJJ. The current DJs are generally not of the same calibre they were say 5 years ago.

Still I can't listen to commercial radio and AM makes me vomit. So when I do listen these days I flip between FBI and JJJ.

I don't mind a bit of Australian rap, but the the current DJs seem obsessed with homeboy jabber of all description. Surely we got over that in the late 90s? It's the main reason FBI get turned on.
  12. I'm not much of a Triple J person. But it's nice to see The Killers on the list. My favourite is 96.1 The Edge
  13. A more polite way to describe the music played would be 'eclectic'. :LOL:

Quite a lot of the music they play I merely tolerate or find okay, rather than really enjoy. But as a few others have said here, it's not a commercial station, and not having to listen to two minutes of advertising after every third song and some zany drive-time shockjock trio goes a long way. ;)

(Though some of JJJ's recent DJs probably fit into the zany drive-time shockjock category, feh!)
  14. JJJ won't play my band cause we're too 'mainstream' for them.
  15. Last time I listened to commercial radio it wasn't even that good. It was 2 minutes of commercials after every song and there must have been at least 5 people in the studio all talking over the top of each other.
  16. Triple J used to be the bomb diggity back in 02, back when the countdown was huge business and anybody who was anybody threw a "listen to the countdown aussie day" party.

Nowadays its pus.

Case closed.
  17. by most people's standard im probably a musical elitist/snob, but honestly, when it comes to pop music i rarely hear anything interesting rhythmically, melodically or harmonically

just looked up some clips of those songs, i still feel the same

simple with a short attention span seems to reflect pop western culture quite well
  18. Have to admit I'm ending up going into the old fart rant I swore I never would - "music was better back in the day".

Still, the new stuff I do enjoy is at the extreme metal end of the spectrum, and there's lots of goodness there. It just never gets on the radio.
  19. I'm only 29 and have been saying this for a while now, I think this list indicates how sh!t music has become these days. Just keep pumpin out those one hit wonders. I wonder in 20-30 years who will be remembered from this era? Britney Spears (shudder)?
  20. Oh good, it's not just me then.

Anything that uses a drum machine/synthesiser instead of an actual band should not be allowed to be called "music" - it's just glorified karaoke.