Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Trip planned for October

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by RED ZX, Jul 24, 2009.

1. This is a trip my GF and I are going to be making in October this year. I am mainly posting this up to get some peoples opinions.
    I have allowed 5 days to get there.

The only roads I am not familiar with are from Tamworth to Geelong, as other times I have gone further east and then hooked through Melb. I do not have the time on this trip though. Don't worry about us missing out on good roads down the coast, as next year we will be doing the coast trip and then over to TAS.

Is there anything not road bike friendly that I have posted up? My steed for this trip will be a GSX1400.

http://tiny.cc/kRBHA

I plan on updating this thread as we get closer to being ready, ie: getting our luggage, prepping the bike and of course, when we get back, I will upload a heap of pics.

So any advice or comments are more than welcome.

2. :shock:

Oh really???????

lots of long, straight boooooring roads there, mate, sure you wouldn't rather just fly?

3. Definitely rather ride.

I know there are a lot of straight roads there. I did that on purpose to cut the seat time down for my GF.

Most of the boring bit will be Dubbo to Geelong. The rest is fine.

Hopefully the return trip will be more interesting. Just depends how much time we have.

4. 1400 will be nice for a trip like that