Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Trio arrested after clotheslining dirt biker with a rope

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Kaer, May 18, 2006.

1. http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/05/17/MNGS4ITE9M3.DTL

Los Gatos trio arrested in assault on dirt biker

Suzanne Herel, Chronicle Staff Writer

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

(05-17) 10:38 PDT LOS GATOS - Three Los Gatos residents have been arrested after they allegedly strung a rope across a road and pulled it taut when a dirt biker approached, causing the rider to be thrown off his motorcycle and sustain serious injuries, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office.

On May 16, deputies arrested Donald Bryant, 62, Donna Olsen, 46, and Edward Anderson, 48, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and battery with serious bodily injury.

The incident occurred around 8 p.m. on May 6, when a group of dirt bikers was returning home from a ride in the hills along Loma Chiquita Road, said sheriff spokesman Deputy Serg Palanov.

Bryant, Olsen and Anderson had tied a rope to a tree on one side of the road and waited in bushes on the other side, he said.

When the first rider approached the rope traveling at about 20- to 25 mph, the suspects allegedly pulled the rope taut.

The rope caught the rider in the jaw and threw him off the bike, Palanov said.

The second rider, who saw his friend lying on the ground on top of his motorcycle, slowed to about 5 mph and, as he was coming to a stop, saw the suspects pull the rope taut again.

He was able to stop in time and sustained only minor injuries from hitting the rope, Palanov said.

The first rider was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose, where he remained in a coma for five days.

He suffered severe bone damage and tissue loss and required more than 500 stitches and titanium plates inserted in his face.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact sheriff's Detective Dean Baker at (408) 808-4500.

E-mail Suzanne Herel at sherel@sfchronicle.com.
  2. Calls for a charge of attempted murder too, I would think.

Can't imagine why people of that age could be so stupid. I wonder what the fcuk their problem is? Sickening. Certainly makes you realise that you can be doing all the right things and some idiot can still take you out.

Careful out there. :(
  3. Yeah its atempted murder.

Bastards should be dragged behind dirtbikes by the rope to 10km naked. Though the law hates bikes and they will walk free, until the bikies catch up with them that is :twisted:
    They arent kids and should be fully responsible for their actions.
  4. These 3 should be executed. And turned into fertiliser. So at least the society can benefit from them.
  5. 62, 46 and 48...

Their crime is much worse than that of a 14 year old.
  6. They must have been watching Stone.
  7. WTF???! That pisses me off man, I've heard of cases like that here in Ozzyland and I can't believe it.

For their ages they're still acting like dicks! Small Child Syndrome I think, and yes attempted murder should be put upon them, friggin wankers. They must be jealous on a massive scale, I mean what the hell possesses someone to do that? fcuk man this is stupid!

I know I am :blah: :blah: :blah:ing, but targeting these riders who are coming back from a day riding and fun, is rooted. Get's me all hot headed man, the three guys that did this are either - mental patients, enemies of the group, or just super gay guys who act like kids and create havoc like kids just to get a kick out of seeing other people suffer.

I hope the guy that was in a coma and had to have his face reconstructed is ok... :cry:
  8. They're old..... Shoot them! :p :p

Seriously though, they should know better.... I wonder what sort of rope it was??? Sounds more like tiger tape!
  9. Had this happen to a couple of mates I used to mountain bike with in Newcastle.

We had to get used to d^%heads stringing wire across tracks about a meter off the ground, chopping trees down and leaving them around blind corners, digging ruts across tracks etc etc.

These guys are morons and I can tell you if this happened to me and a bunch of mates they may not have made it to the jail but to hospital.

This pisses me off so much. :mad: :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil:
  10. OMFG Why would you do that?

I hope they don't get to walk around in the outside world EVER again..
  11. :shock: people like that shouldnt have the right to air.
  12. what a bunch of loosers...
    they should put down on such a low act....cant believe how stupid people can be :evil: :evil:
  13. i have heard that greenies in the bush use fishing wire,its very danger, cos i love dirt bike rideing
  14. put that piece of rope to good use...hang those 3 fcukwits from the nearest tree with it :evil:
  15. *Pulls out gene pool shotgun, loads 3 shells into it*.

Blam, blam, blam.
  16. I'm going to stir the pot here. Do you know how annoying the whine of the dritbikes can be, every weekend, while you try to relax on a country property you bought for your life time savings?

Of course it doesn't justify what they did. It might just explain what they meant. Pure speculation on my part though ... :bolt:
  17. Oh there is no doubt this was there motivation, but it still doesn't justify what amounts to a vigilanti attempt at murder.

You have a problem call the cops, this doesn't help, call your local mp (congrasmen in the US) but that sort of shit can't be tollerated by a sociaty.
  18. Yeah, I get upset at my neighbours walking around upstairs on the hardwood floor, so I go upstairs and shoot them.

Also one of the idiots son's rides a dirt bike, and also from the account likes to shoot his guns off in the middle of the night.

Pot calling kettle, come in kettle.
  19. They only face up to 8years... that's f@&%ing attempted murder and should be sentenced accordingly... they're not 14y.o kids but grown adults and should not be givin anything less than 15years!!

The rope was meant to "slow riders down"... WTF... how can it slow the riders down if they can't even see it?!?

:tantrum: :furious: