Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Trickle Charger

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by noobie_rider, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Does anyone know where I can get a trickle charger? How much does it cost?

2. I got a protecta brand on board charger from kmart costs about $45 repco had a sale on on the weekend 25% across the store they had some there also try some auto joints might still have some sales going for the end of financial year.

It comes with two leads one of which you bolt to your battery terminals and other set for normal (black and red croc clips) there is a quick connect in the lead .

Plug it into the wall and and connect up (either way ) and leave it it do it job it will sense when the battery is full and turn of

Had mine for 5 years now and its never missed a beat
  3. Just an update,

I bought the charger that you guys recommended ... Thanks for that.

One question? I got two sets of connectors, the connector with the aligator clips and the connector with the two rings. I assume the connector with the aligator clips connects onto the battery, but what do i do with the connector with the two rings?

4. Connect the black one to negative battery terminal and the red one to postive. Be careful with spannners around the metalwork - wrap it in a cloth 'cause if metal touches the spanner you'll get a ncie spark and could do some damage.
  5. Are the rings designed to be secured to the battery posts?