Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WA Trial of the cop who allegedly strung a rope in a park in Perth

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Mr Messy, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Finally the trial has started! I remember reading about this on here a year or so ago. Its all alleged and the kid doesnt seem to be holding up so good under cross examination, so interesting to watch i think...
    (sorry if i double post it, i couldnt see it anywhere already...)

Source: http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...for-trail-bikers/story-e6frfkvr-1226283246940
    (was also amused at the date it says it was posted: February 29, 2012 12:00AM)

Will be following this one with great interest...
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Keep us posted,
  3. Thanks for posting ..will be watching
  4. He wasn't trying to hurt anyone. He was trying to get them to slow down to save the children and kittens, and he thought they'd see the line without a problem and understand they were in the wrong.

5. That's just what I'm trying to do when I put anti vehicle mines on roads to slow down speeders.
  6. Something doesn't quite add up with this. If it was a trail used by the boys regularly then setting a trap would be pretty easy.
    But this suggests to me that they were riding fairly randomly and setting a trap for them to come accross would be very unlikely. Not saying that this automatically makes him innocent, and I don't know enough information but something doesn't seem to add up.
  7. Just another story from the Bogan Jungle.
  8. I saw this article today, pretty stupid thing of the cop to do... hope it all works out for the kids
  9. Yes. If he actually did. Book chucking time. However, I'm not entirely convinced that it would be possible, without risking fairly serious injury oneself, to bring down a bike with two people on it with a hand-held rope. It'd flay your hands to the bone/pull your arms off/drag you into the crash/all of the above.

Living in an area where little fckwits ride their unlit, unsilenced, unlicenced dirt bikes roundandroundandroundandroundandroundandroundandroundandround residential streets for days at a time, I actually hope they fcking choke, but I'd like to be all their own doing.