Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Travis Pastrana Double Back Flip

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by GOOSH, Aug 7, 2006.

1. #1 GOOSH, Aug 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. it was BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

I spotted it on the new last night and was most impressed!!!!
  3. :shock: i saw this on the news but seeing it again is just jaw dropping. That dude is a GOD on a dirt bike!!
  4. Thanks for posting - Unbelievable

It took nearly a hundred years of biking to do one backflip and now someone does two :shock:

Come a long way since the first backflip in 2000 - see here
  5. Gives me goosebumps watching that!

Imagine the feeling he had when he ran back to the top of the mound to accept the cheers of the crowd!

I remember not long ago when it was an absolutely massive deal that someone could do a single back-flip on a dirt bike.

Bring on the triple!!!

Edit: Dammit, toecutter beat me to it with the single backflip comment.
  6. Awesome stuff.

Just watchin that vid really gets you pumped :LOL:
  7. And an aussie came third in the same comp :grin:
  8. watched it last night at joes and i was stunned... the bar has been set so high now....
  9. Saw it on the news the other night, blew me away! Now I can't stop watching it over and over again. WOW!!!!!!
  10. how awesome, what an achievement
  11. #11 Woodsy, Aug 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  12. Saw this on the news the other night too; nice to see some good portrayal of bikes instead of the usual negative publicity.

I was watching for his landing and it was perfect, he must have been buzzing for 48 hours afterward...
  13. hahaha thats crazy i remember when corey hart did the first backflip and that was pretty amazing
  14. Phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!

:shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :cool: :cool:
  15. Yep absolutely awesome the first thing my 11 year old said ' do you think they can do 3 ?? ' is it even possible ? I remember when they thought 1 was impossible and he said he wouldn't do 2 again but you can put money on him or someone else doing it now . Amazes me how these guys can do stuff like that imagine the high you'd be on after doing a single flip let alone 2 .
  16. Red Bull gave him Wiiings! See? This stuff really works :)