Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

travels in South America (travelblog)

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by carri27, Jan 11, 2006.

1. a friend of a friend of mine is travelling around south america sponsored by BMW and Ripcurl, all 3 supplied with brand spankin' new BMs (don't ask me what model- can't remember - maybe you can figure it out from the pics). they've been on the road now for about 4-5 months i guess, out of a planned 9 month trip. here's the latest update of Bill's travelblog in case it may be of interest or inspiration to someone out there...

2. Son of a biatch!

/R1150GS Adventure by the looks of em
    //Make that R1200GS Adventure, plasticy nose!
    ///Nope, R1150GS Adventure, barrel chested.
  3. I looked at the sponsorship side of an RTW for all of 5 minutes before putting it in the too hard basket (the sponsorship bit, not the RTW). So props to them for the bikes and other sponsorship.
  4. Hey Kaer,

Save up your pretty pennies you never know u might be able to score one of the bm's of em cheap when they get back :LOL: :LOL:
  5. How dare you post that when you know full well that we can't drop everything RIGHT NOW and go and do the same! Shame on you, go and sit in the corner :LOL:
  6. i'm already there.... cryin' m'eyes out and praying for a sponsorship deal :)

Tam & I were thinking of approaching Libra (maybe 'the tampon for every occassion') or Revlon ('for make-up that doesn't smudge under the sweatiest helmet')... surely they'll buy us some gear and our tickets in exchange for a weekly blog