Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Traveller soon on 2 wheels

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by kouiskas, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Hi all,

There are a few motorbike addicts in my family but I never had the chance to ride one. My international (car) driving license from back home gives me the right to ride any motorbike, and for the time I've been in Melbourne it looks like a great idea to get around the city.

Obviously I intend to get some training, I would be riding in the city only, so I might not do a full course intended to get a license, as I already have it. Any advice on where to get that kind of education in Melbourne would be welcome :)

When I'm not trying to figure out how I'm gonna find a good bike and learn how to ride it, I also do photography and wirting short films. Can't post links unfortunately, will add them when I have enough posts.

2. hiya and welcome to the forum..

3. Welcome :cool:

4. Welcome. You could photograph AND make a short film about your search for a bike and your rider training.....

{not as silly as it sounds :LOL:}

5. Hi kouiskas, seeing you have never ridden a bike before I would suggest you at least book in for a 2 day learners course, where they will teach you what you need to know to get on your way. Or they may be able to tailor one for you. Give these guys a call.
    http://tinyurl.com.au/x.php?6ob

6. Hi kouiskas and welcome to NR.
    Yeah - I'd be wanting to check that you don't need a bike licence, but even if you don't... go the 2-day learner to get you started. If you don't need the extra licence, you'll be able to do this to the rest of us!
    monkey_finger.