Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Travel Insurance: Track Day, USA

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Morbo28, Jan 17, 2012.

  1. Hi All,

    I'm heading to the US in April and doing a track day while I'm there (California Superbike School actually, not straight track day).

    I'm looking to see if anyone has obtained Travel Insurance for track days or racing oversees. I have seen some threads where people have asked for advice on road riding insurance but hoping maybe some racers or similar can give their experiences if that differs.

    I've seen a few names given which I'll check out:
    - Worldcare
    - Aussietravelcover

    Thanks peeps! :wink:
  2. When you discuss it with the insurer, be sure to explain it's "California Superbike School". Don't mention track day if it's not a track day. You will need to be prepared to provide their website, and also explain your years of experience etc.

    AFAIK, the underwriters we deal with will cover motor bike riding, but not "racing". You should discuss this with them and show them the website and get it in writing by way of an endorsement to your policy that you are covered for participation in a "California Superbike School event".
  3. I mentioned it to Covermore as a training day. I will do the same with the next people I approach as you suggest and make sure I get it in writing, thanks.

    My other way of thinking was that if I get racing covered there'd be no wiggle room for the insurance company to deny the claim so I'm also looking into that if people have had experience with that...
  4. Getting cover for racing with cost you a lot more.

    I'd recommend explaining it to them, and even provide them with the website so they can look at it, and give them time to underwrite it. If you're honest with them, then you won't have any trouble when it comes time to claim.

    Or you can call an insurance broker and they will do the work for you.