Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Transporting vintage bike from interstate

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by TRA, Apr 15, 2011.

1. I am interested in an old bike located in south australia at the moment (I am in Brisbane) but I really dont know much about transporting bikes. Has anyone transported vintage bikes before? How is it done and what sort of money is involved. Obviously if I did opt to buy it and transport it here I would want it well looked after on the way.

2. There is a bike transport company listed on here, some where,
  3. "here and there" motorcycle transport, it's one of the banner adverts at the top of the forums
  4. I've always used "Just bikes" to run mine around. Never had a problem with them.
  5. I'd strongly endorse Bikes Only. Call them in Springwood on 3219 7000.
  6. Ha ha sorry yes "bikes only". Just bikes lol what a dork
  7. What sort of Vintage bike?
    If its in parts or can be dissasembled or close to basket case , you can put it in your car like I did to transport mine.

8. If it's got wheels and an engine and is licensed, you could always ride it and have yourself an adventure :D.
  9. Thanks. Its fully restored, but at only 150cc I dont think I would like to ride it from adelaide to brisbane! On club rego anyway.

Just about to put an offer on an investment house so if its accepted wont be able to afford it anyway. Was kinda hoping to buy a new bike before hand, but this house is to good to pass up on.