Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Transporting the 2nd person on a Jolie anyone done it?

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Mandala434, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Any of you guys tried to transport a friend with a 50cc Jolie? I want to try it myself since I'm a smallish guy & plenty of room behind me but I'm still cringing with the fact that my friend's gonna topple over when I'm going 60. I got the idea after I saw a couple of Mios with their big luggage pack + 2 (smallish) riders & still runs pretty well. If this is verified I'm gonna go & buy an open faced helmet just in case someone need a lift.

By the way @ first I thought that the V - Moto Monza's the only 50cc scooter able to transport 2 riders properly (with the exception that it got a worse body build than a Jolie :p from credible review source) . Prove me I'm wrong & that the Jolie can do it just as good or better :grin: .

2. It CAN do it. Just like my zzr250 CAN pillion..

Its just not much fun.

If its for a few streets or as an emergency need to take a pillion ok fine, but it will take a lonnng time.. 50cc is good for 60ish once derestricted? Adding the weight of an extra person, I would guess 45 would be an effort.
  3. :LOL: So in another shorter version Phizog...we better not take a passenger then right?, especially if it's a girlfriend (that's what I'm asking this question about) or worse your little kid. There I go again cringing & shaking @ the thought of when they do fall backward head first. Yeah my pride & joy's already been derestricted by Team Show & Go's mechanic so it can hit 70 easily too. :grin: I'm willing to try it just not don't want to get the bad consequences though :twisted:
  4. You don't want to be chugging around with nothing in reserve, its not safe or wise. Taking off from lights will SUCK. When I go on the freeway in my old mazda 626 its ok sitting on 100, but there is very very power left to overtake easily.

When on 2 wheels especially, you need to be able to zip around to avoid obstacles (ie. cages). All I'm saying is its possible, but not advisable. Go ahead and borrow a helmet from someone and give it a go.
  5. I'll definitely try it this Sat Phizog, I even called Team Show & Go & the mechanic told me no more than 150kg of weight are allowed when I'm taking a passenger. He also mentioned that I better check just in case the road rules might disallow me to carry a passenger. I'm sure that won't happen though.
  6. :LOL: Success my Jolie could still hit around 50kmph mark without chugging, she's freaking out along the way though but got used to it quickly :) It was worth buying the 2nd helmet.
  7. Haha glad you had fun! Can't wait till I can pillion.. but if I had to stick to 50km I couldn't be bothered. For burbs riding its a ok though.
  8. its doable man.

the jolie actually has foot rests/ seat groove for the pillion. my old Honda today50 didnt.

my gf and i double sometimes, down to the beach etc.

no worries.

obviously not the best scooter to double on though haha :)