Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Transport a bike from melb to sydney, any recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Felony, Mar 5, 2006.

1. I have just sold my cbr and she needs to go to sydney, has anyone transported a bike interstate b4? and roughly how much does it cost?

2. Shouldn't that be the buyers problem?

Any transport company should be able to help you out.
  3. there are a bunch of links in the links directory for the bike transport co's
  4. Motorcyle Logistics
    Two Wheel Transport
    Motorcycle Movers
    Freight Movers

Are just Four providers that spring to mind.
  5. When I was moving from Sydney, I had the option to pack my bike with all my household stuff. That was through Regal Removals. ~$160 I think it was for a bike, but I think that price you may also need to include household stuff. Give em a ring I guess.

You do need to empty the petrol tank though.
  6. A friend at work just sold his bike to someone in Adelaide, the buyer flew over and ride it back. Total cost $74 + fuel. Im guessing that this is something that you have thought of ?
  7. The buyer has not yet got their licence, the bike needs to be transported....
  8. Bikes Only. (07) 3219 7000

I used them to transport a bike from Darwin to Adelaide, they were great.

Phone them and they will give you a quote.
  9. thanks guys got it sorted im going through motorcycle logistics for $297 door to door,
  10. :LOL: I have next week off... i was going to offer to ride it there and fly back ;) hehe