Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Transfering Reg + Licence

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by gsxrjames, Aug 21, 2012.

  1. So I've been in NSW for 2months now and need to start transferring my Vic life to NSW. Just wondering if anyone here has done this recently and has any tips? I don't want to wait in a phone que to be told something incorrect, turn up the the office and rage.

    From what I can gather;
    Present my Vic license at the RTA and they'll transfer free of charge?
    My Vic license is valid for another 7years but they only transfer up to 5 which is a pain.
    Also, as I'm under 25 I think I need a letter from Vicroads stating that I've held my bike license for more than 3years, otherwise I'll get a provisional NSW license](*,)? Has anyone done this?

    I need to prove identity, address etc.
    Buy a green slip (ctp)
    Do I need an Identity and safety check? RTA site says I do, but the green slip calculator says interstate transfers don't need a blue slip, which I think is the same thing as the safety check? ](*,)](*,)Why complicate it with all these slips? If it's ctp insurance, call it ctp...

    Is there anything I've missed?
    Please let me know if there is an easy way to do all this, anything I need to bring to speed things up, additional costs etc.

    Really thinking about track only, I'm looking at about $800 and I rarely get a chance to ride...

  2. hmm ok. Where in inner syd for a cheap blue slip and what do they generally look for?
  3. Blue slip is fixed price set by the government so there are no cheap places. That said I doubt if it is more than $100

    I haven't done one in years but I would expect that if you aren't stock with everything working then you might get issues. YMMV