Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA Transfer of registration - 14 days

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by thefish, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Bought a damaged non running RS125 in January and have finally finished fixing it up and plan to register it tomorrow 8-[

The bike comes up on ezyreg as follows:

Plate Type ALPHANUMERIC
    Make APRILIA
    Body Type SOLO
    Primary Colour BLACK
    Expiry Date UNREGISTERED

and I also checked with the dept of transport that it wasn't registered as written off or stolen prior to purchase (so far so good)..

However I have just checked the certificate of registration and the 'application for transfer' was signed on the 19/07/2011. This is due to the previous owner never transferring the bike into his name (I think he used it a couple of times unregistered before falling off it and parking it in his garage until I came along!!).

Do you think I will have problems registering it because it says it must be transferred to the new owner within 14 days? This has been 8 months!!

Cheers...

2. I think you just have to pay an extra fee, it's either $14 or $28 by memory.

3. Awesome, thanks mate :biker: