Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

training does work

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by twistngo, Feb 16, 2008.

1. last weekend I went on the instructed ride in the yarra ranges. one of the flaws they pointed out was my entry wasn't wide enough and I wasn't turning hard enough on right handers. today I went out to practice. first blind right hander. out wide. kick it in. there's a great f&^*ing truck with a bulldozer on a trailer taking up most of the road including my usual line. cause I was wide and done most of the turning I could stand it up and get past. bit further along. another right hander. bunch of bicycles coming the other way. out wide. kick it in. there's not one but two f%$^ing 4 wheel drives coming around the bunch of bikes taking up a fair whack of my side of the road. again cause I done most of the turning I could stand it up and get past. thanks carl!

2. Well Done !
    Great hearing stories where training comes in to practical use, especially when a potential disaster is averted. :wink:
  3. Good to hear. The obsession newbies have with apices is fraught with danger.