Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Trainee Spare Parts Interpreter.

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Guest, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Just a quickish question,

Does anybody know what the length of a Spare Parts Interpreter traineeship would be.

:grin: :grin:

2. Okay, I'll bite.

What's a Spare Parts Interpreter? Maybe:

Bike Mechanic: "Sorry mate, you need a new flange widget for the spark regulator. They all go on this model at 10,000 k's. I'll order one in."

Customer: "?????"

Spare Parts Interpreter: "Your bike's rooted. You were an idiot buying one of these in the first place, the parts'll take 6 months to get here from Japan, and you'd better take out another mortgage. Have a nice day."

3. Maybe not, Its a fancy name for the person who finds out what part the customer needs. etc.

Customer: I need that bit, you know, the bit that sits next door to the other bit, umm I think its starts with 's', Do you know what bit I mean ?

Spare Parts Interpreter: Oh you mean the .....................

Thats an example of what a Spare Parts Interpreter is :?

4. Approximately 2 years. On-the-job training combined with TAFE. Something like Certificate III in Automotive Sales (Parts Interpreter).

5. + sales, + inventory management.
    Generally seen as one of the steps in becoming a spare parts manager.

6. Thanks for that Mouth :grin:

Edit: PS.

If somebody is completing a Apprenticeship and after 12 or 18 months decide that is no longer for them, are you allowed to quit :? I always thought no, but then going though job adverts, I have seen employers looking for 2nd,3rd or 4th year apprentices. So maybe you can :?: :?:

7. yes, you can, but only if the employer lets you. most of them don't know that they can stop you and take you to court if you do leave, but some do.

8. I walked down the corridor and asked the people in the "Higher Education & Regulation Division" who look after these things.

In theory your employer needs to sign a release form - if they don't sign it then at worst you might have trouble getting another apprenticeship (or finding a new employer to continue the existing one).

Otherwise they can't really do anything. You should know who your apprenticeship field officer is - talk to them. If you don't know who they are then your TAFE or Registered Training Organisation will put you onto them.

There's been no succesful case of an employer trying to keep an apprentice in Victoria for many years. In fact talking to the people here none of them can remember an employer even trying it on.

TonyE

9. Thanks for your help, :grin:

I really cannot see a employer going to court to keep an unhappy employee, who would most likely be unproductive if they were made to stay.

Thanks again

Tim :grin:

10. If you need any other info let me know. I am a branch manager at a truck and bus spare parts company and have been in this game along time.. :grin:

11. You can always contact the State Training Board and see what the say.