Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pragnasty, Mar 18, 2006.

1. gday
    just wondering if any one owns or uses a motorbike trailer....?
    that is a trailer that you can attach to your bike

i dont wana own a car and plan on doing a few house renos in the future,
    and i can be bothered with 2 regos (car / bike)
    ive got on to a mob in yandina which manufactures them, but im interested in hearing what therye like to tow,
    eg; handling and performance.

cheers in advance
  2. I use a normal trailer (so you can move rubbish or a house)

and a 'bike buddy'
    so i can also trailer a bike on a normal trailer

best of both worlds....

3. I think he means a trailer that he can put his tools in and tow behind the motorbike.
  4. I have one, home made metal, (Ibought it) , behind my GTR it was great, carried a shit load of gear , main points are ,
    1) Takes longer to brake, but you can get trailers with electric brakes
    2) they tend to push when going around corners , so a good run through the twisties shouldn't be on your agenda. Two up with the trailer , I hardly noticed it, once moving
    Just need to change your riding style slightly to account for the above main points.
  5. sweet...

yeah no i wouldnt be tempted to go through the twisties with it :LOL:
    trailers can be a rude shock when you forget them.

interesting to know the ones im looking at have only got a load capacity of 80kgs which is ample, and id be mainly doing highway riding.
    they seem to be small in width too, only a metre....so lanesplitting might be tempting...... :shock:

interested to know how much you payed proboscus? ballpark figure?

thanks for your input
  6. Paid $1300 for mine, have seen them cheaper and dearer,

Just make sure it pulls straight and has a little suspension, I prefer the rubber blocks, others like the springs. If your gonna be carrying tools etc and no pillion , I might suggest looking for one with brakes,
  7. cheers mate...
    yeah definately opting for brakes as well.....
    dont wana jack knife. :!: