Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Traffic survival in Saigon

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by moike, Oct 8, 2005.

1. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now that's what i call a good situation for honing your traffic observation skills!! All i can say it that is absolutely fugging insane. Not to mention there was like a 99.9% NO HELMET rate.

2. Bajeeeezuuuusssssss

Cheers 8)
  3. How do they manage not to hit each other is a miracle.
    That just CRAZY.

Hakin :wink:
  4. He who hesitates is lost..... :LOL:
  5. Saigon; I'm still in **ckin' Saigon...
  6. Heh I learned to ride in Hanoi.

Probably explains my attitude to traffic!
  7. well wat can i say thats good road comunication with each other.
    thats y no helmets
  8. There's only one piece of advice isnt there "Just dont Stop" :D :p
  9. That's unreal. :shock: :shock: :shock:

:D :D
  10. Hahaha that's some crazy stuff.

Funny thing is it seems to work - no accidents hey. Imagine what would happen if you put a local aussie cager in the middle of that :eek:
  11. i can't believe no one got cleaned up.... and didn't see anyone wearing helmets either
  12. Wasn't that last Novembers NetRider -Gippsland ride?
    :shock: :shock:
  13. I think they have the two wheel to four wheel vehicle just about right. :wink:
  14. At least its moving..... beats the Monash carpark :LOL:
  15. That sort of traffic is a lot of fun to ride in once you get the hang of it - the idea is pretty much:

1) Size is might, keep out of the way of big things who will give you no regard at all.

2) If it's in front of you, it's up to you not to hit it, if it's beside or behind you then you're in front of it and it's the other guy's problem. Unless of course #1 applies, in which case get the fcuk out of the way!

3) Don't do anything sudden. Don't slow down or stop, if you keep moving it's easier to dodge you.

Never a dull moment, wherever you're going you get there with your heart rate RIGHT up there!

I was in Vietnam putting around on scooters the day that proper motorcycle helmets became compulsory. And I saw only one guy wearing one. Not surprised either, you really need to have eyes in the back of your head on those roads, and you just don't get many chances to go above 30km/h so a bicycle helmet's probably just about as relevant protection-wise.
  16. They must be a very tolerant people, put the average Aussie male in that situation and within 5 minutes he'd be facing at least 10 assault charges, or worse...

17. 5 days in Seoul South Korea with 8 to 10 lanes flat chat nearly 24 hours per day, we never saw one single accident. The rule there is indicate, honk your horn, and move over. Seems to work, though!