Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Traffic Jeans (Draggin Jeans)

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by FormerUser3, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Just thought I would share an experiance I had at the MotoGP Expo.
    Draggin Jeans offered traffic jeans for $215 (normally $239) + you get free armour. I currently have a pair of Classic Regular size 34, so I purchase a pair of Traffic Jeans size 34, get them back to where we are staying and notice the seams have not been sewn correctly, thats cool I can take them back Sunday and change them over.
    I might just try them on, well I had just put on another 20kg according to the jean size, thats right I looked like warrick capper in jeans.
    So I take them back on Sunday to Draggin Jeans, oops I was then told that the sizing of these are not the same, you need a bigger size, so the next question is can i have a size 36, none in stock.

So I have paid for the Traffic Jeans and hope to receive them within 3 weeks, and I haven't tried them on yet.

http://www.dragginjeans.com.au/products/jeans/trafficJeans.htm

2. Hey steve i got my traffics from the factory. I got the same size as my classics?? But the only thing i did pay top $$$ and no free armour.. :(

3. erghhh, nothing more annoying than going somewhere that has every combination of cut, colour, and size available except what you need, i did that with helmets and a jacket last week.

i've got the draggin traffic jeans and they're worth the wait, very comfy and not the 'spray-on' style ie their original line :wink:

4. Interesting that you got the same size Paul, they told me I needed to go up a size due to the process the traffic traffic jeans go thru when made, such as pre washing etc.

5. Steve, i deal with draggin all the time and I've ordered a set of traffic in for a customer - they certainly never told me i had to go up a size!
    I'll be ringing them today to find out
    Tanya

6. Give them a call because that is what I was told by the owners wife at the MotoGP Expo, she said every person has gone up a size in these jeans.
    Let me know how you go...

7. ummm... maybe that is the nicest way she can say your getting fat and lay of the coffee :LOL: :p :wink: j/k

8. They look alright... can we still get them at the reduced price?

9. i think they were only at the moto gp expo mate

10. Ring them up and tell them you were at MotoGP and because it was so busy you didn't get a chance to hang around.
    As long as you quote the prices I am sure they will look after you, you were able to order them at motoGP with the same special deal if they didn't have them in stock.

11. I was told in MCAS Sydney to go up a size as well in the Draggin Jeans cargo pants. They said they are a tighter fit so if you are a 34, but a 36. However, I tried them on and I am a size 36 (usually), and I bought a 36 which are a little bit loose.

12. I've bought a pair last week and my usual size (8) did not fit very well. The legs were too tight. I went for a size 10 and they have to take the waist in a bit.

13. XXsteve, i asked him today, he said most people don't have to change sizes in the pants, it's sometimes the um.. optimistic people about their size that seem to need it :D
    I didn't change sizes for my 5 pair , and no one i've sold any to have :)

14. $160, $215, or $240 it doesn't matter they are still gunna make a guzzillion.

15. Trust me, I am not optimistic about my size, I am a size 34 in Draggin Jeans and they are a bit loose, but the traffic jeans were way too tight in size 34. The funny thing is that I also wear Billabong Jeans and my size in them is size 32.

So too say I need a size 36 Traffic Jean seems a bit odd, will see how things go when they arrive in the next couple of weeks.

16. I'll give you a second opinion when the pair that are on back order arrive :D
    T

17. I have since put on my regular draggins and they probably are a little looser, but not to much difference. I would day that the traffics are way more comfy, denim not quite as thick.

18. Well got my Traffic Jeans with a bonus set on armour, and the size 36 fits, a bit tight around the legs but I can handle that because I am guessing they may stretch a bit.
    But they really have the sizing wrong.