Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Track recording + geotagged photos + audio comments

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Vivek aka Vik, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Hi,

I'm looking for a way to record a track on a bike trip, take photos with a reasonable resolution (geotagged) and also be able to record voice comments or notes with photos or waypoints. What device- usable on a bike- could do this for me? If there is one or several devices that could be used for this, am also interested in understanding how to get the info out in a format(s) that could be used to make a blog post with maps/tracks, photos and audio notes without too much messing about.

Any suggestions?

2. Ion adventure or the Garmin Virb? I decided against recording the evidence.
  3. Thanks. Neither of these seem to do voice notes. As to not recording the evidence, I agree. I have no interest in recording video (they tend to look the same after a while) but want to take snapshots of landmarks, scenic stops, waypoints etc and annotate them with geotagged voice notes and pictures.
  4. I would be looking at one of the SLR equivalents if it is not something you need to mount on the bike but just operate hand held. I know that the Voice Annotation function was not a popular one with users so a lot of camera manufacturers have dropped this function from their range.
  5. Your smart phone could do all this. Photo's with Geottagging - check. Voice notes - check. GPS route track - check.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Hmmm, that's got me thinking. Perhaps I should be looking to have a waterproof way to mount my phone on to the bike once I've got the appropriate apps on it. Thanks Mouth.

A friend suggested this: Magellan eXplorist 610 - anyone know much about these?