Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Track Days

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by LiLEd, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Im looking to do a track day soon at broadford. Does anyone recomend doing a corner course first or just go and see how its like? I guess it can be only as dangerous as you make it, They do put you into to groups. What do you guys recommend?

2. Hey LilEd.. I was just out at Broadford last weekend with the Hartwell Club.. great track has a few tight corners but a pretty fast track. Just put ya head down..bum up and have a ball. Most of the older bikes were going around in about 1:10's
    Have a great day :grin:

3. hey mate. ive been doing trackdays and club racing for about 1year and only last week done the level 1 cornering course at the island. i recomend you do the course first b4 you learn any bad habbits.

4. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: At the Pomy boy

5. Track days are a fantastic way to put into practice new techniques, and use them 'drill' style (repeatedly on the same corners) so they really sink in.

But you'll get a lot out of a track day on its own- in fact take a note book because you could well identify issues that you can ask instructors about... habits that seem okay on public roads become obvious problems when you're in '10/10ths' mode. And it's nice to know the circuit so if you do a course you can concentrate on what they say rather than learning where the corners go.

6. Doesnt matter if you do the course first or just jump in and go ride the track, do it. You wont regret it. Less things to hit, everyone going the same way, no radars, sadly some dickheads slip in but life is ever thus. \:D/