Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Track Days in QLD

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by BalmyBrowny, Jun 4, 2006.

1. g'day all.. just a general question of opinions really... I'd like to go on a track day... ( am a very new rider of 8 - 10 weeks) would like to go round a track to really practice my techinque and to legally get faster on a straiht than the 90kph i can now he he... but wanna know... do they help at all??? and is it just silly to try one on a 250??? cause i have a mate who used to go heaps and he always came back proud as punch when he road well and blew away other bikes and riders :p i don't want to be like that... but don't want to be in those sorta guys way.... so yeah... jsut lookin for opinions.....

2. Before you even remotely consider doing a track day, do a braking and cornering course.

With your limited experience you're a lot more likely to make an error and crash, do the course, get the skills then have a go.
  3. sounds even better... thats the parts i need to practice... i'll do a google search and see whats around brissy to do :) didn't even think of that.. thanks