Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Track Day Coaching Question

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Moochie, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Champions Ride Days offers a coaching thing on their website during the trackday session. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and what actually goes on during the coaching?

Will they have a set plan like class room then practical or do they just follow you around the track for a few laps then go to the pits and tell you what you're doing wrong and how to fix it?

Any info will be much appreciated.
  2. There is classroom stuff. If you don't pay attention, you get bin duty at lunchtime.
  3. My understanding of the Champions stuff is that it's a bloke who gives you tips, then follows you through the session/leads you where he wants to show you lines and then gives you a debrief.
  4. Yeah they follow you around the track, then they get you to follow them. They will talk to you for 10mins after every session and give you advice.
  5. Any idea if there are any theory based information to be given during that time so as to be able to put it into effect straight after?

Or is it more along the lines of "go ahead and ride then I'll point out what you're doing wrong"?
  6. Essentially it is a mixture of both. They talk to you in the morning about your experience and what you want to improve on and go from there. I thought it was money well spent but that is just my opinion and you may have a different one. Compared to the Aus SBK school i thought it was good value as at least you don't have to start at the beginning if you already have some skills.
  7. Eastern creek ride days does this a bit too. Its not something they advertise but if you ask a staff member for assistance they are always willing to help.

Seen one chick with marshals infront and behind!
  8. Why, was she a hottie?
  9. #9 Tim^, Apr 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    This guy video'd his Cal superbike school track day ...

Has 6 parts, but the above (Part 4) is where he starts getting some instruction, is some interesting stuff in the other vids also.
  10. Thanks for the info fellas.
  11. Try Reading Twist of the wrist By Kieth Code before you do a ride school its a bit like there bible...
  12. Or performance riding techniques a motogp publication.
  13. I've got TOTW and TOTW II, and read them both.
    Flip through them every now and then to refresh.

One thing I did realize was reading and doing are two different things...... :shock: Hence the hunt for ride school options.