Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Track Bike question

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by PJ2, Aug 29, 2006.

1. I'm in the market for a 600cc trackbike. (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawa)

Is there any website that sells prepreaed track bikes ?
    Or am I better off buying a bike off bikesales and modding it ?

I have read in a previous post that a company imports bikes that are too new to be complianced, so they make good trackbikes.

Or has anybody else got some good ideas,

PS I'm not mechanically minded
  2. Isn't the best way to get a trackie to find a crashed one at auction with cosmetic damage? Buy it, whack on race glass and away you go. :)
  3. Check in the motorbike magazines on sale... like AMCN & Rapid. If i recall, theres usually a couple of track bikes advertised in AMCN which will have been properly race prepped and ready to roll.

Other than that, you can buy a minor wreck or an insurance write-off and do the work yourself, but as you said your not mechanically minded... well yeah.
  4. By far your best bet (if you are not particularly mechanically minded) is to buy a used racebike or track bike that has already been well set up. Normally you can buy them for far less than the sum of the parts they have put on the bikes. Your best bet is www.formula-xtreme.com.au and check their classifieds, many many racebikes to choose from. Also www.racebikesales.com.au has some, but the formula xtreme site is the home of the Aus Superbike Championship and has all the racers there.

Good luck (and I suggest taking someone who knows about bikes to look at the bikes you are interested in, these are not show bikes and it can be difficult to pick the good ones)

5. I actually found my bf's Track bike on www.bikesales.com.au
    u can look up race bikes etc, but also depends what you are willing to spend on it. Just remeber you buy a crashd bike your gonna want to make sure the frame etc isnt bent etc et...
    What sort of capacity u looking at? 600, 750 1000???
  6. May pay to see whether the phillipislandridedays crew are selling off some of their Triumphs 600 as they take on new 675s... :)