Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

toyrun this year, whats up, when and were peoples

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by firefling, Sep 2, 2005.

1. MRAA is organising it??

On their website, it's quoted
    "The MRA Melbourne Toy Run will be running from LaTrobe St, Melbourne to Williamstown using the same route as 2004."

Website for toyrun http://www.toyrun.org.au/
  2. I just came from an organising committee meeting last night.

11th December - same starting and finishing points as last year.

(Latrobe St - Williamstown)

Starting at about 12 (starting later than previously because there should be a heap of things happening before hand in Flagstaff Gardens - displays, music etc).

There'll be a breakfast sponsored by bikesales.com - gold coin donation to go to charity - probably MS but not definite yet.

We don't have a definite on who the celebrity(s) leading it this year will be yet but the planning is going very very well.

We've picked up some more serious sponsors and the industry has really come out with a lot of support - as has the Melbourne City Council.

For those wishing to participate as marshals, PM me. (For public liability insurance purposes you will need to be a current MRAA member though - although the Race Marshals are also assisting but they carry their own public liability).

I believe we might also need a Santa since Shane (aka roundman) may not be doing it this year... We can offer you a pretty ordinary looking elf though (can't we gavin?)

3. WHAT???????? No Shane/Santa?

[Hope he is well and all that]

Gee it will not seem like Christmas without him.

As for that elf, as good as they get. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Do we know anyone of appropriate dimensions to take over as Santa? [And don't even dare mention me. I am much too thin.]

Hang on, some one about your size already has white whiskers. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Elevate elf to Santa and I reckon Grobs would make great elf.
  4. Vic, Mouth - are we going to run the three routes to a central like last year? I'm happy to do my part again.
  5. Shane might come in with Cranbourne Ulysses as Santa this year (he is a member there :D )

I'm nowhere near rotund enough (and the beard's too short :p )- besides, I've got other duties :LOL:

I think Gavin is very happy just being an elf...

Glen and a couple of pillows might make a good Santa. While the run is about kids, there's not actually too many there for him scare...

:twisted: :twisted:
  6. Not very keen on last year's route but I'll sheep it if I have to. Went in full leathers with my Santa suit over the top - very stupid idea, was very close to dropping from the heat. If you wear one bring drinks or very breathable clothing underneith.

I'm hoping the cops are better organised than last year as their efforts to marshall the group and keep cars from interferring was pretty poor from where I sat in the parade.
  7. Or alternatively, release some random information, unconfirmed and unsubstantiated, and then people can go off and make plans based on that only to have the arrangements altered on them. Sounds like a plan to me.

Either that, or get it right first time :)