Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Toying with an idea...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by kRaZeD, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Hey folks,

I'm sure you've all heard it before... People thinking of getting a bike and all that :)

Well, I've been toying with the idea of getting a bike for over 6 months now... First I wanted a cruiser (XVS650A) then a naked (CB400). Now I'm liking the look of the sports bikes.

As always, budget is a concern and I'm still not sure what to get... As I live about 30 - 45 minutes away from work with 80% of that time spent on the freeway I want something that is easy to ride on the freeway without getting tiring hence the cruiser thought. Then... Naked! By god some of the nakeds are sexy :)

Thoughts on bike choices? I'd prefer something bigger than a 250 as I'm 6'1" and about 95kg...

Also silly me is liking the look of the GT650R. Yes, that GT650R... From Hyosung...

Anyway... Hi from SE Melb, hopefully I can get some fundage together soonish and look forward to seeing some of you on the road :)
  2. So a couple of weeks ago I booked in for my L's for Saturday the 11th. I was slightly apprehensive about passing due to only having ridden a smaller 160cc dirt bike. At least it was manual though :)

So fast forward to Saturday and I've done the testing and passed :) yay for me!

Did the slow ride in 15.45 seconds and the emergency stop in 3.5m. All done on a CBR125R. Nice bike for what it is, I thought.

So now the great struggle begins... what bike?
  3. Only you can tell....

See if you can go for some test rides etc and even get the feel of the bikes by sititng down. I got the XVS650A as I wanted a cruiser.

Best Of luck. (y)
  4. Congrats on passing, good luck with the purchase decision.
  5. congrats on gettin your 'L' s, get a bike [that you like] and get to sat morn prac sessions, get some experience as SUMMER IS COMING!!!
  6. Don't discount the Honda 250 Hornet (if you can find one at a decent price), it's a full-sized naked bike with a good turn of performance

Oh, and congrats on joining the two-wheeled conspiracy
  7. GS500! It is great on mileage and fun to ride. Should be just fine for your size too. I am biased, but it was the best bike from the lot in my bikes by the end of asking around.
  8. Welcome and congrats mate.
    Don't get hung up on the bike. It's gonna be your first but not your last. Many to choose from.
    Have a look at similar what bike? Threads if you need.

And have fun whatever you get.
  9. with a name like Krazed you should have a supermoto to back it up
  10. I never like the look of the gs500... until I saw it I the flesh. Somewhat bigger and better looking than I first thought.

I'd honestly never considered the cb250f if that's the hornet you are referring to, err, hornet... I've recently been leaning towards a cheaper 2nd hand bike rather than a brand new one due to the fact I'll probably end up dropping my first bike.
  11. what's your budget?
  12. Super motard? Don't like the look :(
  13. get an r1
  14. R1? What's that?

Lol, but seriously LAMS bikes only...

Budget? Cheap is good, but for the right bike I'd be tempted to spend towards 8 - 9k.
  15. Congrats on passing the L's mate. I am only new to motorbikes and had never ridden. The CBR250r is a very learner friendly bike but I am only about 170cm and 72kg's. I think the GS500f would be a good bet and some decent power. Like the other guys have said take some out for a test run good luck and enjoy :biker:.
  16. What are peoples thoughts on the CF Moto 650NK?