Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Townsville riders

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by The duke, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm only new to the site and I'm trying to see who is living in Townsville and would be interested in doing rides to Cairns. There are a few of us that occasionally do 2 or 3 day trips to the Cairns hinterland. We ride a variety of bikes, mostly either sportsbikes or sportstourers. We like to ride reasonably quickly (that means quickly but legally) and are looking for people with the same interests.

Not looking for people who want to ride like dickheads but people of any age who like bikes and interested in fun riding.

2. Oh boy, I was up there last year working around Port Douglas/Mossman and am really missing the fantastic riding you have up there in FNQ!!! The ride along the coast from Cairns to Port Douglas is a great little run, as is the run up to Kuranda, but I especially loved the Mt Molloy run and the great, great, GREAT Gillies!!! And all within less than an hour of each other. I am missing my weekend runs of those great roads so much :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's hard being back in Melbourne now that I have sampled the good stuff - we have some good roads but in my opinion, the roads I rode in FNQ absolutely crap over what we have down here in Mexico. I count myself lucky as a rider to have had the opportunity to ride them and would urge anyone else from 'darn sarf' who finds themselves up that way to hire a bike and ride them too. Trust me, you need to do it - it's the closest to riding heaven I've come across! Great roads that can be enjoyed at or below the speed limit.

Anyway, welcome to the site and good luck finding some fellow riders. The pub at the bottom of the Gillies was a pretty good place to meet other riders when I was up there. Even met a few guys on hogs at one of the lookouts who had come up from Townsville.

I'm jealous :( ... :wink:
  3. I live in Cairns so if you come up then send me a pm and i'll join you for a ride. If I like ya I might even let you crash at my place. :LOL:
  4. Also at the moment there are a few roads that are copping a reduced speed limit. Captain Cook Hwy from the city north is now 80km/h all the way and the kuranda range is now a very gay 60km/h so now the traffic does 40 instead of the 60 they used to do when it was still 80. For the moment they have left the gillies alone so hopefully it stays at 80.
  5. A mate and I just got back from a 3 day trip to Cairns. Did the Kuranda range, Gillies (twice), Port Douglas etc. Fantastic. :grin:
  6. G'day, I will be interested, once I get a new ride that is.... :-( Is there any thing like a coffe night going up here?

7. I'll be moving to townsville within the next couple of months and will be up for meeting new people so what better way than to hook up with fellow riders.see you guys soon no doubt. :wink:
  8. hiya, I have my bike now, so if you are interested in starting a friday coffee night I'm more than interested...

9. i just lol'd at the dates..

dude, start a new thread in Ride / Event Planner and get a coffee night started in cairns
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.