Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Touring in Patagonia

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by sly, Oct 29, 2008.

1. In a week and a bit I leave for South America with my then be wife to ride from Santiago, Chile down through Patagonia to Ushuaia, the end of the world.

I've invested in a atc-3k (helmet camera) to video parts as we ride. So I'll be uploading videos and photos to a blog, http://patagoniabybike.blogspot.com/ If you're interested.

We're going with Compass Expeditions motorcycle tours

The bikes are brand new BMW F650's - thankfully with heated grips, I think it's going to be cold in the south. The bikes are equipped with GPS, so we are not obliged to ride in the group (total 10 bikes), which is great as we'll have some time to cruise around the amazing mountains in Tierra del Fuego.

A big bonus with the trip is that there's a professional film dude coming along to make some promo film for Compass, so should get good quality footage.

I'm so bloody excited, difficult to think about anything else, except for the fact I'm getting married next week... :grin: