Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TopGear, tonight, Feb 4th. Must watch!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by robsalvv, Feb 4, 2008.

1. This looks like it will be a must watch episode!

7:30tonight, SBS.

Set your PVR's, HDR's, VCR's, etc to record.

From yourtv.com.au:

"Hammond and May try to convert a Reliant Robin into a space shuttle. They were given 12 days to build it and help from the British Amateur Rocket Society. Eight tonnes of thrust were required to launch the Robin - the largest non-commercial rocket launch undertaken in Europe."

2. Last weeks was the best yet, but this one looks good.

3. I have seen that one its definately worth watching.

4. Agreed, that show will be hard to top.

5. Agree, last weeks was HILLARIOUS. I split my sides laughing when Jeremy had the in car shower! :rofl: :LOL:

Robbied, what download client do you use... pm me if you don't wanna go public!

6. I've heard that some people use http://www.torrentspy.com/ to get the torrents, and then use azureus to use said torrents to download..

7. a lot of top gear episodes are on youtube in 6 or so parts - only disadvantage is that its not great quality.

8. I watched it on youtube, if your looking at downloading it use Azureus as the client and search for the files on Mininova or Torrentspy

9. For windows use, I found uTorrent to be far better.
    Under linux I actually use a command line client on my server (personal preference :)).

From memory (I saw this episode a fairly long time ago now, at least a whole season) Clarkson was so disgusted with the idea of the rocket that he refused to take part. Whether or not that was for comedic effect or not I do not know .:)

10. +1

Go to Finalgear.com for all your Top Gear & Fifth Gear news as well as links to various torrents of each episode (usually within hours of them going to air in the UK).

11. We never normally watch it but last week decided too. Man I haven't laughed so much in ages :rofl: they were lucky to get away not skined alive by dem redneg sumbeeches. Howd it go-man love rules ok?on the pickup-brave man :shock:

12. I thought Africa was better than America. :)

13. I agree Africa was much better. Go Hamster didn't have to remove a thing.

Guys, head over to tvtorrents.com They have virtually every show on tv and you can subscribe to a rss feed into your torrent client (I use Azureus) so that it will automatically download all the new episodes that you have laced in your "FAVORITE SHOWS" section (providing you set the filters up).

14. that... was fugging... awesome!!! :shock: :grin: :grin: :grin:
    i thought it was a crock of sh!t when i first saw the Reliant attached to the rocket and boosters....
    seriously that was amazing.
    i wonder what the cost of such an activity is.... thats some serious rocket power and technology involved....

and the "landing"!! :grin:

this sh!ts all over mythbusters and their explosions and contraptions :grin: :grin: :grin:

15. Top Gear used to be better :(

All this new stuff is good for a laugh, but I love the old episodes a lot more when they were actually about the cars.

16. wow!

shame they didn't go in depth into the whole engineering of the thing.

wonder if those backyard geeks featured were the inspiration for this brilliant tv series: Rocket Man