Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

top speed for zx2r

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by zxr arron, Nov 17, 2004.

1. what kinda top speed would i be looking at 4 my zx2r. i had it at 180 and backed off. would i b likely to get any more out of it. i couldnt believe it

2. Where did you find a road that straight for that long over there?

3. He did one of those burn-outs that they do after a win at the super moto races and looked at the speedo. It was up around 180km/h.
    Is the speedo on the front or rear wheel?

4. plenty of straight roads and im not sure where the reading is from front or rear but id say front i dunno?

5. kool

:D 180km/h thats bloody quic for a 250cc mate.
    can i ask wat road u tried ur speed on????

6. Re: top speed

at 180 you will hit the other side of tassie and have to start breaking :LOL:

7. Re: top speed

Depends how long you want to keep your licence, read Bob's police blitz post!

8. Re: top speed

My friend had his up to 195 :twisted:

Lisa :twisted:

9. it takes over 4 hours from one end of the state to the other and that would be pushing the limit. 195 thats not a bad effort.180 was quickenough4 me

10. i must agree with GMAN. 180 for a 250cc is very very quick. Is the engine still the original of the shelf engine?

11. yes i believe so
    i havnt done anything to it

12. nice work! thats a quick of the shelf 250cc

13. nice work! thats a quick off the shelf 250cc

14. its ok u should check out the naked kwaker. same engine as mine?

15. who makes it? ive try to find it on the net but cant

16. Kawasaki.. Also known as a zxr250 :)

17. looks really nice. do u know what the r.r.p is brand new?

18. “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Author unknown

This being the second time I've attempted to show you how to cast.
    https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?p=41706#41706

The below page on the 1996 ZXR250 mentions that it was discontinued so my guess is you'll struggle to find a new ZXR250 with a RRP.
    http://www.redbook.com.au/Mcycle/price.asp?key=KAWA96RB

Now I know by outlining the last bit I've metaphorically given you the fish but I hope the link to redbook (i.e. teaching how to fish) will remain with you RR.

19. ok welll the zx2r 250 is what u r looking 4 but the naked version is called a balius or something like that it has the same engine. i got a 2000 zx2r complied in 2002 it has 6000km on it got it for $5500 alot of other zx2r and cbr are 20 yo complied in 02 02 and 04 etc
    good luck in ur search

20. Well a stock ZZR can do 160kph apparently, I always thought the CBR was the fastest 250 rather than a zxr and the CBR does about 175-180. If you beat that, kudos to you!