Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Top Shelf motor oil for gsx250f???

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by DamusB, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Hi all,

Just bought a new oil filter and O'ring for my across, but I wanted to know which was the top shelf engine oil that would suit my bike???
    It says it takes SAE 10-40w, API SE, SF or SG.
    Can I use this engine oil????
    Motul 300V 4T Factory Line 10W40
    Or do I have to use something else?

Thanks in advance!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I will be using it as a race engine until I get of lams =p. I have already taken a look at that thread, 35 pages of "change oil regularly with cheap oil" > "top shelf and not doing it often". The reason I want to know the top shelf that will be best for my engine is because I can justify the money instead of blowing it in a poker machine.
    If you say that engine oil will work that is good enough for me!!! ^_^ thanks for help.
  3. Buy the cheap oil and save your $ for when u get your full licence and are looking at upgrading to a weapon
  4. The Across ain't a race engine but, as far as its cams (most vulnerable part of any modern motorcycle engine to poor lubrication) are concerned, it still redlines north of 10,000 and spends much of its time up there if the rider wishes to make progress, so it deserves some attention to lubrication.

Personally I'd be feeding it a brand name 10W-40 or 15W-40 diesel oil with an SG rating or above and changing it every 3-4000 km or so of road use or every track day. I'd also be careful to avoid high rpms immediately after cold starts.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ^ good advice there, thanks for that.