Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Top Gear Vietnam Special

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by VFR750 IRYDE, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Top Gear season 12 ep 8 'Vietnam Special'...

Oh my goodness how funny!

Jeremy Clarkson has to ride a scooter... for 1000 miles!!!

Worth the 1:20min it takes to watch. :grin:

Unfortunately, spewtube says it's been removed because of 'terms of use violations'. :( So you'll just have to take my word for it... :p

But seriously, if you can get your hands on it, it's very funny. :LOL:

2. Watching it now. You're right. It's very funny. :D
  3. Yep, thats the one. Nice find. :)
  4. Saw this episode about a week ago.

Ten minutes after I saw it, I phoned up a friend and said, "Go get your passport. Yes, right now. I'll explain on the way to the airport." :p

Damn that looked like a lot of fun. Beautiful countryside.
  5. maybe top gear aussie can do the same "round aussie on postie"

maybe not.. i take back my words, top gear aussie sux.. after 1esp, i told myself, they were bad but give them a second chance, after 2nd esp.. "okie, this is it.. no more top gear australia.." never watch another esp since then.
  6. Quite a few people I know did that, or gave up at the third episode.

... which is kind-of sad, because the last 2-3 episodes of the season the presenters began to 'click', the reviews improved, and the show almost became fun! ;)

Not up to the standards of laugh-a-minute TGUK, with over six years of practice under their belts, but I think TGAus's second season might be decent.
  7. Therein lies the key. Give me as much practice as Jeremy and I'll be a damn funny TV presenter too. I just hope the public gives TGAus a decent second chance.
  8. Yeah TGAus needs another chance I think. If you watch the first few seasons of Top Gear, it was like that as well until they "got" the winning formula for themselves.
  9. Loved this episode!

How funny was Jeremy clarkson when it came to getting off his scooter!

The whole episode was great. It was actually more like a motorbike version of top gear. What I've been waiting for. Now if only they could do this bi weekly then i would be in heaven.

Great episode. I've watched it 3 times now. Doesnt get old at all.
  10. yeah, its sucks how Youtube are striping Top Gear episodes. You have to be quick finding them before its gone. There are a few Season 12 clips (eg. US Muscle Car challenge, Jeremy with the Royal Marines in a Ford Fiesta, UK vs Germany car show challenge (hmmm Sabine Schmitz !!) and Vietnam challenge) that have now disappeared but worth tracking down.

I've also noticed some music video clips are also disappearing !! due to agreements not being met with record labels and producers !! :(

Its good 5th Gear Episodes are remaining untouched !

11. If you have a rapidshare account, decent broadband, and a good
    d/l limit - (these would total about 800 meg but it's great quality)

I get just about all my TV of the 'net (I don't get any TV reception at all)

I was watching Dr Who the day after it was screened in the UK :)

12. one word people - "BitTorrent". they are the future. actually they are already the present. Estimates say that BitTorrent represents 20-35% of all internet traffic.
  13. I LOVED this episode! I'm off that way in a couple of weeks myself so it was a fun bit of 'research' as well.
  14. Seen this episode you can COUGH cough cough *nova cough *Torrent cough..yeah!
  15. I would seriously consider NOT advertising what I pirated.
    It's illegal, a breach of copyright and they can and do go after people.
  16. Vietnam by scooter on your first day is seriously :eek:hno: nerve racking stuff. With traffic jams like this an everyday occurence, no wonder Jeremy was freaking slightly. It's like a swarm of angry ants. Took me 24 hrs to get up courage to give it a go :?

Some lovely scenery in the back blocks though.

And next time you think you lugging a load in your gearsack, spare a thought for this poor bahsted

17. I gather they manage to do what the American military couldn't manage;

Go from South Vietnam to North Vietnam :wink:
  18. to some extent, that is true. however its a bbc production, which makes it completely free to air, free to view, and i believe, free to record, which is also technically illegal (normally). I believe that if downloading something could be justified, that something would be top gear.
  19. Mmmmm

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

It is a breach of copyright to copy anything without the owners permission. The fact that it is a BBC production is irrelevant.
    The exception to the above is recording TV shows to later watch yourself which is actually allowed.
    Posting the vid on You Tube is most definitely illegal.