Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Top gear do another motorbike race?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Willzah, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Hammond don't fall off.
  2. I hardly call their ludicrous meander through Vietnam a RACE!
  3. as long as top gear australia aint doing it ill watch it
  4. mmm.Vincent,hope its a black shadow,love it
  5. Can't wait
  6. nah vietnam wasn't a race but an excellent episode, by the sounds of it this one should be very good. Interesting that Clarkson is on the train, as he is always in the Car for the races.

+1 anything that doesn't involve the Australian franchise is a good thing,
  7. ludicrous but hell funny. Ive been there 3 times and i would love to go back and do something the crap they pulled off.

especially the pimped out clothes they had made.
  8. If you haven't seen the Vietnam episode yet then do yourself a favour and do so, one of their best.
  9. Actually, I've decided I like Warren on Australian top gear... James Morrison shits me up the wall.
  10. funny how in vietnam, every where you go you can get parts to fix your bike, and theres like a workshop along a road where they do jimmy rigs on the spot
  11. so true.

i rented an old minsk in sapa, did a 30 km ride down to lao cai on the border with china.

the kick starter fell off at some point so i was having to do running starts myself. one time 4 viet guys pushed me. :LOL:
    anyway, the hill climb back up was one of the best rides i have ever done. i pulled up in a small town near sapa to return the bike. after spotting a mechanic i went in and pointed at the missing kickstart.
    5 minutes later he comes back with one made up and fitted. at this point i am having nightmares of getting hit up for $100 US! I ask him in vietnamese how much, he says $4 :LOL: :LOL:

can only imagine what it would cost here on my old XR 250....probably heaps!
  12. And its airing this Sunday.... Awesome :)
  13. I think that's in the UK, isn't it?
  14. yup but that wont stop me downloading it ;)
  15. He was in a speedboat once, and May took the car, and came last
  16. you have to love the "born in the USA" threat that was made about them breaking down. :LOL:

When they travel as a group it can be hilarious (albeit it is all staged), the car boats challenge still has me in hysterics everytime i watch it!
  17. What!? Next you'll be telling us the Wrestling is fake too. heretic.

...and yep, this is by far the best episode of Top Gear I've seen to date.

18. This episode ( season 13 - Episode 1 ) was aired in the UK yesterday and is on the torrents this morning.... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yahho, the Top Gear drought is over.....( Aus 'dudgear' is a waste of time and space IMHO )
  19. edit: nevermind