Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Top Box vs Rack pack for spada

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Ljiljan, Jul 1, 2010.

1. I've got about $150 floating around, and I am wanting to get a luggage kit for my spada. I'm looking at a top box because they are bit bigger and much better at storage, I'm wondering if people have put one on a spada or if they can recommend a good one anyway.

I'm willing to consider a venturi pack, but I'm leaning towards a top box simply because it can hold my bag when I'm riding and helmet and boots when I'm not.

Would appreciate people's suggestions, cheers.

2. Sounds like your requirements dictate a top box.

It will however greatly effect the handling of your bike. This is especially so if you put anything more than clothes in there.

My personal preference, born from experiencing racks and tank bags, is that tank bags are the go.

Won't hold a helmet and jacket however.

3. thanks mate. most of the top box use will just be for commuting so I dont particularly care about handling. I'll look into quick release boxes. I'll probably end up getting a tank bag and perhaps a seat bag as well, plan on doing a snowy's tour towards the end of the year.

4. I might up for that if you want some company mate, depending on dates. I'm going to get a bit of time off between September and December.

Might even be able to ride the bike around corners again by then...

I might have to sort something out for the Daytona - I have a massive rack bag that I was going to offer to you if you went the rack direction, but it's a useful thing to have floating around.