Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

took the girl for her first ride on a bike yesterday

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by ckr83, Dec 18, 2006.

1. hi all,
    well my girlfriend finally got up the courage to hop on the back of the bike yesterday. this is the first time shes been on a bike and was a bit scared.
    i did my best to ride smoother and safer then normal so i didn't freak her out. i just told her to sit there and not try to hold the bike up. if she wanted to lean, to lean with me with her head over my inside shoulder. i think that i passed and sarah will be on the bike again with a bit more confidence and encouragement.
    its a good feeling having your partner on the back cruising around.
    cheers clint

2. Top stuff dude, women think your the bomb when you carry them around :wink: :cool: Just some advice though..

1. Dont let them lean with you, at slow speeds you will drop the bike with to much weight.

2. Get them to hold the tank so their arms are touching your ribs and so if you lean.. they know that your turning.

3. Tell them not to move around to much

Thats it have fun! :grin:
  3. I agree. I took my girl for her first ride about 2 weeks back, and while she still thinks that bikes are really dangerous and all that, I think she enjoyed herself, and will be back on... :)

Best thing is, she was major squid mode when she first suggested to get on the back of the bike "but it's so ugly, I don't want to wear those pants, or those boots, or the jacket..." but after showing her the page of that girl in the US who fell off the back of her friend's bike, she's become a major gear freak :) So I bought her a pair of boots for Christmas. She looks a bit odd in my Draggins and my jacket and gloves and helmet though, she needs some chicky gear :)