Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Took my first pillion today.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by al77, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Just got back from a short slow ride around the block with my first pillion.

Convinced my flat mate that he should be my guinne pig. his response wouldn't you prefer to get one of the girls for a ride. My response..... nope, if I hurt you, I can laugh at you.

Damn it was harder than I thought. Didn't help that he weighs about 85kg, when I'm a measly 73ish.

But the beatiful thing is that we both survived :grin:

But then we decided that it would be a good idea to go to an empty car park and give him a shot at trying to ride. What does he do..... he drops my bike. no biggie, a scratched brake lever. Thank God.
  2. Bit ballsy lettin your housemate ride your bike. Good that no damage was done aye.
  3. My gf crashed my bicycle. Scuffed up both sides in the one fall.
    Hmmm. Not letting her on the Kat. Which is worth less anyway :(
  4. Go on. Admit it. You were hoping for a reach-around. :LOL:
  5. Congratulations.
    It takes a bit of re-adjustment when you first go from solo to two-up, changing the whole dynamic of the bike, but you soon get a feel for it.
  6. LOL..... I'm sure you've got a set of leathers in your closet dale, and i'm sure that you tell everyone they're they to protect you from becoming a squid. I'm getting rid of my billiard table so I'm happy to send you the box of balls that I won't be needing for you to do as you please with them. :LOL: