Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Took a spin on Sunday to Apollo Bay

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by robsalvv, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Took a spin to Apollo bay with a couple of older rider friends on sunday.

This was my first time to Apollo bay on the bike and I have to say, that apart from some crappy traffic and some dodgy road surface towards Apollo bay, the section between Lorne and Apollo bay was one very enjoyable ride!! There are plenty of corners that need to be handled at well under the posted speed limit, so there's still plenty of fun to be had.

The other guys knew the road well and pushed the envelope a bit more than I was keen too.

We had one little oopsy, where a yank in a 4WD drive slowed to 20km with right indicator on, then just as the lead rider was passing on the 4WD's left, decided to turn left instead! Fast counter steering saved the rider as he parallel swiped the side of the 4wheel drive and put a nice juicy scratch on the passenger door. Rider was shaken and his nice akrapovic can got a bit banged up.

Warning! There was a plain red K1200S BMW cop bike cruising the Lorne area - we got stopped for a "licence check".