Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Too cheap to be good? Leather pants @ $99

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by MadAzz300, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Curious if these would be good entry level leather pants - or are they too cheap to be good?

Ebay linky

• Like Like x 1
  2. I supose it depends mate. If your strapped for $ these are prob better than jeans if u can't afford a better brand.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. #4 Justin Stacks, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    They don't claim the thickness and type of leather they use.

Kangaroo leather is thinner than cow leather (approx. 1.0mm compared to 1.3mm) for a given strength, so saves weight (approx 1.5kg per suit). It also has improved resistance to abrasion, being less likely to wear a hole in a high speed slide.​
    I'd personally rather go with pre-owned quality leathers than cheaper lesser quality considering safety is the objective.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. You get what you pay for, refer post # 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mostly depends on how your bum looks in them.
    poor fitting leathers really not a good look.
    as a female rider this is a definite no. they also need to be a low enough cut to display the G-string.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. i agree with MT1
    maybe they come in shorts ?

G string is not necesary though as there is nothing wrong
    with the thong look , in fact i prefer the thong look.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. You got a foot fetish Phil ?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. A fellow Nr has a pair for sale, check it out.
  9. Thanks guys - I'm size 8 & 5'9" and finding form fitting anything is impossible, but the Hella leather pants look good :)
  10. I would also advise against going cheap.
    I bought a pair of these from their factory for $50.

Wore it once, and that's it, threw $50 down the drain, bad design and cut, quality was decent though. Next time I'm buying something with a bit more R&D.