Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TomTom GPS mount on a Yamaha T-Max

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Lurgen, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Hi guys, hopefully I've picked the right forum for this post...

I have a Yamaha T-Max, and a TomTom Rider GPS unit. And now I'm stuck.

I've been able to mount this particular GPS on plenty of other bikes, but this damned scooter just doesn't have anywhere to mount it! I was hoping that somebody else from this forum might have tackled this particular problem - mounting a GPS on a bike that has a plastic dashboard instead of typical handlebar tubing visible.

One thing I'm trying to avoid is damaging the plastic coverings over the handlebars if it can be avoided, but I'm starting to run out of ideas.
  2. Not sure if this is too late, but what I did on my bike was attach an Aquapac waterproof case (check the web for the local supplier), attach velcro to the bike and to the back of the case so I could remove it whenevery I wanted to. The heavy duty velcro can be purchased at BigW for about $3 and the aquapac costs around $50-$100 depending on the size. Its waterproof as well and so far mine has done the job pretty well for cheap job.

Because of the type of seal it uses I can even attach headphones to the GPS if I want to listen to directions as opposed to try to watch where to go next all the time.

Let me know if you want pictures.
  3. hi Lergen. I had a sat-Nav bracket fitted direct to the windscreen of my T-Max. It looked fine . It was on the bike when I bought it, but I never got around to actually fitting a Sat-Nav unit. I bought a replacement windscreen but never fitted it.

Anyway...long story short. I've since sold the bike and forgot I had the windscreen. I found it a week or so ago so if you want it ($30).

I'm in Melbourne. PM if interested.

Cheers, Marty