Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Toll Road Rage

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by TAX123, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOD: https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37089

Ive got Toll Road Rage

not because I ever used them, but because Ive never

confused? me too

yesterday I got a toll notice from eastern distributor saying I had an outstanding toll from 4 months ago and because I havnt paid it they have data matched my number plate and sent it off to the RTA which gave them my private details to this company Airport motorway limited.
    Now I personaly know Ive never been on the road, but its so hard to remember where i was some 4 months ago to the exact date and time they state I went through a toll gate without paying.

now I remember i had that day off from work, and thought what do i usually do on my weekday off, and the sad truth is home on the net, so I checked my history on that day and low and behold I was on the net from 11 am to around 330pm and the toll notice said i ran the gate at around 1pm, BS

I was downloading a motorbike scematic diagram about 1 minute from that time, the point is i was never there, what do I do?
    The thing is if i was there i would have had no problem just paying the fine but the point is i wasnt, why should i pay for some other blokes mistake

2. Write a letter back and explain it wasn't you and ask to see the photo.

3. Yea, already did that, I also rang them up and asked the joker on the other side that no chance it was me and that he should look at the photo and see it wasnt me, and cancel this thing on the spot but he rambled on about privacy laws and he cant do that.
    what about my privacy, they extracted illegally from the RTA. you know what im sure other people get these notices and just pay from uncertanty . there is no external authority to complain about this practice either or is there? at $15 for a trip on their road, they must not be getting enough traffic on the road so they send out fake notices, what a sham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.