Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Toes on pegs or not?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by rooboy, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Just wondering whether you guys/gals ride with your toes on the pegs?
    I've been riding like it for about 1 half years now and have gotten quite used to it, in town I alway have my feet properly on the pegs and cover brake ect. But once I head up into the hills it's feet up and away I go, have't had any trouble getting to the brake/gears yet even while riding hard, my friend(ridersafe instructor) sugested this as I was always scraping my feet on the GPX250, now it's just habit. But since then I've had people tell me that it's unsafe and you'll have no control.
    What do you think?

Cheers. :)

2. I believe the ball of your foot, should be on the pegs.

It depends on your riding style though, weighting the pegs with the ball of your foot makes it easier to change direction and position on the bike. Also gives more ground clearance.

But if you're the type of rider who doesnt do much leaning, and you feel more comfortable with the peg elsewhere, then by all means do it.
  3. Thanks for that, no wonder I didn't find it in the search It's BALLS not toes.
  4. rooboy -

Are you riding with your toes up on the pegs these days? You're always so far in front of me on the run to Strath that I can't see your feet. Either that or they're obscured by the showers of sparks coming from your pegs.

And now that you're on the new CBR....I think I'll just buy a lawn chair and a lap rug, pipe and slippers.

You should be able to ride with scuba flippers on that new rocket and not worry about scraping 'em. Only time I "go to the toes" is when I peel in to a corner, and then only on the inside foot. I have such huge feet, and the ZZR is such a low old boat, it's the only way to stop everything scraping.

Gonna have to do some track days to have any chance of keeping up with you now, I suppose. Or perhaps exercise "code blue...."