Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Todays mystery bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by incitatus, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Looks like the front end of a firestorm....

so that would lead me to believe its a honda...
  2. Stereohead, yes it's Honda powered, but it is not a Honda.

Here is a quote from 4-time Grand Prix Motorcycle World Champion Freddy Lawson on this bike,

"The thing our Grand Prix bikes had the most trouble with, this bike does well."
  3. Is that a parallel twin in there?
  4. Well it can't be a storm, no V...

Does look kinda Honda-ish though, confused now though as it looks like a Parallel twin.

Highly modded CB??
  5. surely not a GS or ER 500??
  6. its a Gurney Alligator :)
  7. No, it's a 710cc dual port single.
  8. Nearly thought dual port, like my old XL 500. Was gonna say XBR 500 Honda. Whatever hapened to them?????
  9. The one with a single sided swingarm had a Honda XR600 engine in it...
  10. Stereohead, how did you ever work that out??
  11. I used google.... First I searched for "Weird looking motorcycles"... and then i searched for "Naked boobies" but that was just for entertainment.... I had a cold shower and then I searched on the the quote that Incitatus quoted...
  12. Gawd... sitting that low with your feet that far forward... ok I can live with that bit... but cruisers that do that don't have sports/tourer bars!

Most people wouldn't reach them, and short people wouldn't see over the screen :)

I recognised the motor as a honda dual port single, but that bike is a new one on me... I had absolutely no idea :)
  13. Sitting on that bike, I wonder, will make one feels like a Harley rider on a sports bike, or a sportbike rider on a Harley?
  14. WTF???? How can the rider see anything?? Not a one off? Hmmm I'm only a 'newbee' but is this for real? are there more of these creations around? I absolutely love the concept of doing such a massive assembly of bikes. Note the dual shocks on the swingarm, upsidedown forks I think its a bitsa, can the owner (later on) please elaborate as to what it is?
  15. Not the prettiest thing is it?