Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Today The Suzuki DR600 Died.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by beery, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Today after 4 months and alot of work to get the roadworthy i took the 1988 Suzuki DR600 out for a ride with a mate of mine and it was all going well then when i was slowing down to take a corner going from 3rd to 2nd gear it stops no warning. When i tried to start it again i got nothing i pushed the kicker down and it was not getting any compession. We are searching for a answer our thought is the exhaust valve seals. Does anyone here have any thought on what else could cause this problem and im thinking of droping the motor of a early DR650 in but im unsure if it would be a straight bolt in job or possible.

Any help would be welcome

2. It could be a lot of things.

Check you are getting spark at the plug (pull it out and earth it on the bike somewhere and kick it over) and fuel in the carbie ( losen the drian plug in the bottom of the bowl.

After that you will be much wiser.

I used to have a GSX250 that used to drop a wire of the back to the key barrel. I'd stop dead for no reason. Had me buggered the first time, but I knew from then on why all was quiet in the middle of the night.